- Nuclear installations in Germany
- Safety in nuclear energy
- Legal bases
- Licensing and supervision
- Safety philosophy
- Precautions and emergency response
- National committees
- International co-operation
- Reportable events
- Reporting procedure
- Incident registration centre
- International Nuclear Event Scale (INES)
- Reportable events in nuclear installations
- Reports on reportable events
- Shutdown and decommissioning
- Nuclear accidents
- What is nuclear waste management?
- Design approvals of transport packages
- Interim storage facilities
- What are interim storage facilities?
- Licensing of interim storage facilities for nuclear fuels
- Central interim storage facilities
- Decentralised interim storage facilities
- Interim storage facilities for radioactive waste with negligible heat generation
- Federal custody of nuclear fuels
- What is nuclear waste management?
- Foundation and development
- President of the BfE
- Laws and regulations
- Frequently applied legal provisions
- Handbook nuclear safety and radiation protection
- 1A Nuclear and radiation protection law
- 1B Other laws
- 1C Transport law
- 1D Bilateral agreements
- 1E Multilateral agreements
- 1F EU law
- 2 General administrative provisions
- 3 Announcements of the BMU and the formerly competent BMI
- 4 Relevant provisions and recommendations
- 5 Nuclear Safety Standards Commission (KTA)
- 6 Key committees
- Annex to the NS Handbook
- A 1 English translations of laws and regulations
- Dose coefficients to calculate radiation exposure
- Legal Basis
- BfE Topics in the Bundestag
In the event of someone accessing the internet pages of the Federal Office for the Safety of Nuclear Waste Management, the user data required for using the offer is saved. After the end of each usage the IP address is made anonymous and the following data set is saved into a logfile:
- Anonymised IP address
- visited page or name of accessed file
- Date and time of access
- Transferred amount of data
- Message if access was successful
- Information about the program using the data (webbrowser etc.)
- Internet address of the previously visited page
This data set is evaluated for optimising the internet offer and for statistical purposes.
The information generated by the cookie is exclusively used for statistical purposes and to improve the website and server. Your IP address is anonymised and cannot be attributed to you. The information is not disclosed to third parties. Furthermore, temporary cookies are used that become invalid after the session. These cookies do not contain personal data.
Every time a user accesses a website, data about this access is stored. In detail, the information consists of: Page title, search term (with the help of which visitors get to the page), search engines, page-URL, number of pages viewed, geographical location of the user (country), provider, browser, operating system, screen resolution, browser plugins, visiting hours, duration of visit, entry and exit pages, downloads, referring websites.
If the internet pages of the Federal Office for the Safety of Nuclear Waste Management provide the possibility to state personal data (e-mail address, name, address etc.), the users do this on an expressly voluntary basis. E-mail and postal addresses given by the users when ordering publications, are only used for correspondence or consignment in compliance with data protection. Enquiries in both paper form and electronic form are kept according to the specifications of written material administration.
The BfE internet pages contain references or links to internet pages of other providers. The issuer does not have any influence on these providers keeping the data protection provisions.
If you have further questions on data protection, the Federal Office for the Regulation of Nuclear Waste Management Data Protection Officer will assist you.
Please contact the Data Protection Officer
Herrn Robin Heilmann
Telefon: 030/18 333 -1944
He also is the contact person for the enforcement of your rights as a data subject.
Contradiction against tracking by Matomo
As a user you always have the option to refuse tracking by Matomo. Please not the following steps required for this:
When users have activated the option "I don’t want to be tracked" in their browsers, no data of these users will be stored by Matomo. No further action is needed in this case.
In case you have not activated this option, please follow the instructions further down this page. (When using the Internet Explorer, please proceed with the following settings to deactivate Matomo:
At: EXTRAS → INTERNETOPTIONEN → DATENSCHUTZ → ERWEITERT please check the box "override automatic cookie handling" and confirm by clicking "OK". Once you have set this up, you can place the checkmark for contradiction.
Note: When you delete your cookies, the Opt-Out cookie is deleted too as a result and must be activated again, if necessary.
State of 2017.02.09